Ultrasound Services Including Endometriosis US
Why Ultrasound with Nureva?
At NWSH we believe in a wholistic approach to deal with women health problems.
All ultrasounds at NWSH ultrasound are personally performed by our ultrasound obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G) specialist doctor and not by sonographers, compared to most other ultrasound practices. We utilise the state of the art ultrasound machines including the use of 3D and 4D imaging and Doppler scanning.
With the O&G specialist personally performing the ultrasound, we are better at correlating your symptoms with the cause and more accurately assess the extent and nature of your problems and communicate this with your treating specialist. We are also better able to plan your treatment / surgery more accurately leading to more optimal and seamless care of you and your needs.
Ultrasound services at NWSH cover the following areas:
- Early pregnancy dating and assessment of location and viability
- Third Trimester scan
- Postpartum scan for postpartum complications e.g bleeding and pain
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Assessment ovarian cysts
- Sonovaginography or specialised endometriosis ultrasound
- Saline infusion sonography
- Pre infertility treatment pelvic assessment
- Hystero-salpingo-contrast sonography HyCoSy
- Follow up of ovarian stimulation
What is Sonovaginography?
SVG is a highly specialised ultrasound technique indicated for women suffering from pelvic pain. It helps your doctor assess the anatomy of your pelvis and assess accurately the extent of Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis (DIE). This helps your doctor plan your surgery and may avoid a second operation if you have severe endometriosis.
SVG US is indicated if you have the following symptoms:
- Pelvic pain (pain in lower abdomen and pelvic area)
- Dysmenorrhoea (pain with your periods)
- Dyspareunia (pain with sex)
- Dyschezia (pain with passing stool )
- If you have previous history of endometriosis with symptoms suggestive of recurrence
- If you are scheduled for an operation to rule out endometriosis or its complications